Our station was established in a disused blacksmith shop on the corner of Halswell Junction Road and State Highway 75 in 1954 by Clarry & Lew Nicholl as a workshop only, and traded as Nicholl Brothers.
In 1969 the station was rebuilt and relocated to our current site, opening in March that year. Various improvements were made over the years to cope with an expanding business, including tripling the size of the shop and converting the forecourt and canopy from two lanes to four.
We took the opportunity to change our fuel brand in 1998 with the arrival of the Challenge into the South Island.
Our current staff are our most valuable asset and we try to be very selective when employing new staff. We emphasise to staff the importance of customer acknowledgement and where possible or necessary, personal forecourt service.
We have a loyalty scheme in operation to reward regular customers making use of our 9kg LPG refill facility. Our LPG is supplied by Nova Energy which is a wholly NZ owned company.
Our workshop is operated by Gary Mehrtens & Andy Jackson – two exceptionally competent fully qualified automotive technicians who are using the very latest electronic diagnostic equipment on late model European, Japanese and Korean vehicles. We specialise in Warrant of Fitness checking, cam belt and constant velocity joint maintenance.
Bridgestone Tyre Centre – we have a huge range of new Bridgestone & Firestone tyres stocked on site, both passenger, four wheel drive and light truck at very competitive prices.
Electronic 4 wheel alignment carried out on site.
Come and check us out and please let us know what you think.