Covid-19 Level 2 Update
On Thursday 14th May New Zealand moved to Covid-19 Alert Level 2. Our stores have now reverted back to their normal operating hours.
We continue to frequently clean high touch surface areas such as PIN pads and pump handles, and also ask all customers to continue practising physical distancing when you visit our stores to keep our staff and other customers safe.
On Tuesday 28th April, New Zealand will be moving to COVID-19 Alert Level 3. Our independently owned service stations are considered a 'safe business', so the majority of our stores will remain open to support New Zealanders. There is plenty of fuel available, and we urge you to shop as normal. As we will continue to have reduced staff during this time, our stores will have temporary operating hours. These will differ for each store, so please check with your local store for their current opening times.
To keep our team and our customers safe, we will continue to minimise contact on site.
- Some stores will have mobile/handheld terminals they can bring out to cars, others will have pay at pump facilities. We recommend you use these services wherever possible.
- Due to reduced staff during this time, some stores may not be able to offer forecourt service.
- A large portion of our stores offer gas bottle refills or swappa bottles so you can keep your BBQ’s going, and we also have grocery items available as well.
- We’re working hard to protect everyone at our service stations by frequently cleaning high touch surface areas such as PIN pads and pump handles. By introducing physical distancing and by ensuring good hygiene practises are followed consistently by our staff, we can all aim to stay safe and healthy.
Remember, when you visit, please use good coughing etiquette, make the most of our handwashing facilities and refrain from using cash to pay wherever possible.
We’re all in this together. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.
Please refer to the Government Covid-19 website for all the official information.
A message for our customers and communities
Challenge has always been committed to the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our customers. With that in mind, we wanted to make sure that you are aware of the things we’re doing to keep you and our team safe and well during New Zealand’s response to COVID-19.
It’s business as usual at all our stores, however we understand the importance of good hygiene and cleaning practises for our customers and our teams.
What are we doing to help?
- Being vigilant and ensuring that our team are following good hand washing, cleaning, and hygiene processes.
- Frequent cleaning of:
- fuel pump handles
- eftpos & fuel pump pin pads
- cashier desks and other high traffic areas (lolly shelves, ice-cream cabinets, drinks cabinet doors/handles, newspaper shelving, etc
- toilet facilities.
How can you help?
We also need your support to keep our sites safe. We ask that you continue to use good handwashing and hygiene processes, as well as good coughing etiquette when you visit our stores. We also ask that you refrain from coming on to a Challenge site if you are feeling unwell.
Thanks for your continued support. Please take care of yourselves and your whānau during this time, and check in on those around you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.